Lakewood shed explosion hospitalizes 3
LAKEWOOD, Colo. – Three people were hospitalized after a shed exploded in a Lakewood neighborhood Saturday night.
At approximately 8:30 p.m., police and West Metro fire responded to a loud explosion in the 1600 South Block of Ammons Street.
Upon arriving at the scene, responders found a detached shed in the backyard of the home. Firefighters worked to extinguish a fire that resulted from the explosion.
Two males were taken to a local hospital to be treated for burns. A short time later, another male who left the scene before fire crews arrived checked in to the emergency room for injuries as well.
Investigators later determined that there was some sort of illegal activity going on inside the shed. Detectives said they do not believe it was a meth lab. Hazmat and narcotics officers are looking into the ongoing investigation.
No arrests have been made at this time.
Police said that no other structures were damaged during the explosion, and the public is not in danger from any chemicals or contaminants.
- Thornton High School threat not legitimate, investigators say
- Man tricked into thinking he had been in 10-year coma
- Teen kills 4 in DUI wreck, gets probation using 'rich kid' defense
- Denver Police: At least 3 stabbed at Mile High after Broncos game
- Sandy Hook victim’s mother shares emotional message: 'Evil did not win'