Portion plate can help people lose weight
Want to lose weight? How much food you put on your plate can make all the difference when it comes to getting on that scale.
A Boulder woman has an interesting new idea that can help.
Entrepreneur Sheila Dietrich developed a system of plates called Livliga. The plates are painted with circles that indicate the correct portion size for proteins, starches, vegetables and “dollops” of sauce or extra toppings.
Dietrich says she has always struggled with her weight and came to understand that there is a reason for overeating.
She says, “Proportionately creating things, it looks like enough. Part of it is sending the right message to our body that it looks like enough.”
The Livliga four-piece place setting includes a dinner plate, lunch plate, bowl and mug. There is a line available for children as well.
- Driver of car that slammed into Larimer County school bus identified
- Delta flight, passengers isolated in remote area at DIA following security threat
- 38 million gallon Portland water supply to be flushed after teen urinates in reservoir
- Police: Teen tried to 'blow a fireball' at Smoky Hill HS
- Documents detail how dispatchers handled call that ended in mother's murder