Canon City man sets home on fire during dispute with girlfriend
CANON CITY, COLO. — A Southern Colorado was behind bars this weekend after being accused of starting a fire in his home during a fight with his girlfriend.
According to KXRM, The Fremont County Sheriff’s Office said 29-year-old Steven Patrick Collins was arrested Friday morning.
Investigators said Collins caused $1,000 worth of damage to the home on Willow Lane in Canon City, and prevented his girlfriend, 26-year-old Maria Atencio, from leaving by grabbing her wrists, throwing her purse on the roof, disabling her car, and taking her cell phone.
Police said he started the fire with gasoline in the in an area near the laundry room and kitchen.
Collins is being held on several charges including first-degree arson and false imprisonment.
- N.J. Gov. Christie on Colorado legalizing pot: 'Not the quality of life we want'
- Indian doctors strike gold while performing surgery on man
- Model says she plans to have abortion to appear on reality show
- Colorado policymakers fire back at Gov. Christie over pot comments
- Woman says 3 dogs busted into her house, attacked her and 2 pets