Sex slavery cult forced women to sleep with man claiming to be Christ
The “Defensores de Cristo” or “Defenders of Christ” allegedly recruited women to have sex with a Spanish man named Ignacio González, who claimed he was the reincarnation of Christ, according to the Associated Press.
Followers were subjected to forced labor or sexual services, including prostitution, according to the National Immigration Institute that said it filed a complaint more than a year ago about the cult.
Federal police, agents of Mexico’s National Immigration Institute and prosecutors raided a house earlier this week near Nuevo Laredo, across the border from Laredo, Texas, and found cult members, including children, living in filthy conditions, according to the institute official.
The institute in a statement said 14 foreigners were detained in the raid and have been turned over to prosecutors, pending possible charges.
- Sandy Hook victim’s mother shares emotional message: 'Evil did not win'
- Thornton High School threat not legitimate, investigators say
- Man tricked into thinking he had been in 10-year coma
- Teen kills 4 in DUI wreck, gets probation using 'rich kid' defense
- Deputies: Would-be Good Samaritan hit, killed victim of rollover crash