Ross crashes Rolls-Royce, successfully eludes gunfire
Rick Ross' Rolls Royce is towed away from the scene of a crash on Jan. 28, 2013. Ross crashed the vehicle while trying to elude gunfire. (Photo: TMZ)
FT. LAUDERDALE, Fla. — Rick Ross smashed his Rolls-Royce into a building in Ft. Lauderdale, Florida early Monday morning while trying to escape from a gunman who opened fire on the car, according to police.
Ross was not shot during the incident, nor was the vehicle’s lone passenger, Shateria L. Moragne-el, who is said to be dating the rapper.
According to TMZ, there were “dozens” of shots fired at Ross’ vehicle around 5 a.m. — none of which hit the Rolls. Several buildings in the area were struck by gunfire.
Police say another vehicle had pulled up next to the Rolls Royce when someone inside opened fire on Ross’ car. Ross reportedly crashed into a building while trying to speed away from the gunfire.
So far, cops have not made any arrests in connection with the shooting, and have not identified any suspects.
Sources connected to the case tell TMZ security cameras at a building across the street from the crash were rolling during the incident, and police are hoping the footage will either reveal the identity of the shooter or at least show the vehicle.
TMZ obtained a photo from the crash scene, showing Ross’ smashed-up Rolls-Royce being towed away.
Cops tell TMZ they are investigating.
- Driver of car that slammed into Larimer County school bus identified
- Delta flight, passengers isolated in remote area at DIA following security threat
- 38 million gallon Portland water supply to be flushed after teen urinates in reservoir
- Police: Teen tried to 'blow a fireball' at Smoky Hill HS
- Documents detail how dispatchers handled call that ended in mother's murder