I-70 traffic stop leads to drug bust in Garfield County
GARFIELD COUNTY, Colo. – Three people are in jail after a traffic stop on I-70 lead deputies to find a substantial amount of drugs within the vehicle.
At about 8:30 a.m. Saturday, a Garfield County Sheriff’s Corporal spotted a car that was weaving and adjusting speeds along eastbound I-70.
After pulling the vehicle over, authorities discovered that driver Pablo Rene Avalos was from out-of-state and was driving with a revoked license.
Avalos could not provide proof of insurance so deputies impounded the vehicle.
While authorities were taking inventory of the car, deputies said they found just over 2 kilograms of Methamphetamine in the vehicle.
“The total amount of drugs seized from the vehicle is estimated at a street value of $218,500,” according to Jennifer Kelly with the Garfield County Sheriff’s Office.
Avalos and passengers Ruben Dario Gonzalez and Alexis Montoya-Cezares were arrested and taken to Garfield County Jail.Submit Your Photo
- Thornton High School threat not legitimate, investigators say
- Man tricked into thinking he had been in 10-year coma
- Teen kills 4 in DUI wreck, gets probation using 'rich kid' defense
- Denver Police: At least 3 stabbed at Mile High after Broncos game
- Sandy Hook victim’s mother shares emotional message: 'Evil did not win'