Basement fire damages home in Thornton
THORNTON, Colo. – Authorities are trying to figure out what caused a house fire in Thornton Sunday morning.
Firefighters responded to the 12000 block of Fairfax Street at approximately 8:30 a.m., to find heavy smoke coming out of the house.
The fire was located in the basement of the home which has been heavily damaged, according to Assistant Fire Chief Gary Wilmes.
The house is occupied, but no one was home at the time of the fire.
The cause is still under investigation.
- N.J. Gov. Christie on Colorado legalizing pot: 'Not the quality of life we want'
- Colorado policymakers fire back at Gov. Christie over pot comments
- Indian doctors strike gold while performing surgery on man
- Model says she plans to have abortion to appear on reality show
- Woman says 3 dogs busted into her house, attacked her and 2 pets