Lowe’s Home Improvement to hire 45,000 seasonal workers
Lowe's Home Improvement store
MOORESVILLE, N.C. — Home improvement giant Lowe’s announced Tuesday it plans to hire 45,000 seasonal workers as the busy spring season approaches.
The company also said it plans to add 9,000 part-time workers permanently.
Lowe’s says seasonal employees work an average of 20-25 hours per week. Most jobs start in February and some could last until September.
Economists say the housing market in the United States is recovering, which is good news for home improvement retailers like Lowe’s.
- Denver Police: At least 3 stabbed at Mile High after Broncos game
- Man tricked into thinking he had been in 10-year coma
- Thornton High School threat not legitimate, investigators say
- Teen kills 4 in DUI wreck, gets probation using 'rich kid' defense
- Sandy Hook victim’s mother shares emotional message: 'Evil did not win'