US 36 now open after fatal accident closed highway for hours
BOULDER, Colo. — Both the Denver- and Boulder-bound lanes of U.S. 36 were shut down for several hours Tuesday morning after a three-car accident that caused one death near Davidson Mesa.
The highway was back open around 12:30 p.m., said the Colorado Department of Transportation.
The Boulder Daily Camera reported a Jeep hit the back of a Subaru station wagon while both were headed east on U.S. 36 around 8 a.m. The Jeep lost control and began to flip, ejecting the male driver.
The man was declared dead at the scene.
The Subaru hit the median and was then slammed into by another Jeep. The driver of the Subaru and the second Jeep were not hurt.
Continue to refresh this post for the latest on this developing story.Submit Your Photo
- N.J. Gov. Christie on Colorado legalizing pot: 'Not the quality of life we want'
- Indian doctors strike gold while performing surgery on man
- Model says she plans to have abortion to appear on reality show
- Colorado policymakers fire back at Gov. Christie over pot comments
- Woman says 3 dogs busted into her house, attacked her and 2 pets