2-alarm fire rips through Castle Rock home

This is an archived article and the information in the article may be outdated. Please look at the time stamp on the story to see when it was last updated.

CASTLE ROCK, Colo. -- A 2-alarm fire ripped through a Castle Rock home early Monday morning, but thankfully everyone inside was able to make it out unharmed.

According to Castle Rock Fire, the blaze was reported at approximately 4 a.m., with callers reporting flames coming from a home at 4356 East Bennington Avenue. Residents were reporting that the flames could be seen from five blocks away.

Two alarms went out after the first crew arrived to find heavy flames ripping through the home.

Two adults made it out of the home safety with no smoke inhalation, according to authorities. There is heavy damage to the front and second story of the house. Our Chris Jose was reporting at 6 a.m. that the house is being considered a total loss.

"When I ran outside, there were out of control flames, shooting out of the top of the roof. It looked like the fire had been burning forever," said resident Jenni Hynek, who lives next door to the house that caught fire. "The flames were actually touching my house. It was a little too close for comfort.

Fire crews believe the blaze began in the home's garage with a car, but said it's too early to confirm those opinions.