Conrad Bain dies at 89, leaves lasting legacy for ‘Diff’rent Strokes’ role
Conrad Bain (Photo: TMZ)
LIVERMORE, Calif. — Actor Conrad Bain, who famously played father figure Phillip Drummond on “Diff’rent Strokes,” has passed away. He was 89.
According to TMZ.com, Bain family sources said Bain died Monday night at a retirement home in Livermore, Calif. from natural causes.
TMZ spoke with Bain’s daughter Jennifer, who said, “He was an amazing person. He was a lot like Mr. Drummond, but much more interesting in real life. He was an amazing father.”
Bain, who became a household name starring opposite Gary Coleman and Todd Bridges on the iconic 80s series, is survived by his three sons and one daughter. He also has a surviving twin brother Bonar Bain.
Bain’s daughter says he spent his last few days with his family. He would have turned 90 on February 4th.
- Hickenlooper grants reprieve to death row inmate Nathan Dunlap
- Longmont officer shoots, critically wounds AR15-wielding gunman
- Warning: Video shows Colo. murder suspect Evan Ebel shoot deputy
- Mom makes bullying daughter wear thrift shop clothes as punishment
- I-70 reopens in Glenwood Canyon following fatal crash