No. 1 attraction at Denver Boat Show? Waterskiing squirrel
DENVER — At this weekend’s Denver boat show, there was an attraction more popular than the boats and the beer — Twiggy, the water skiing squirrel.
Lou Ann Best, better known as “Twiggy’s mom,” has been raising and training squirrels to water ski since 1979. With the original Twiggy now gone, she’s on Twiggy number eight and training Twiggy number nine.
“Twiggy’s always attracted people, from day one,” Best said.
Best now uses the water skiing squirrel show to teach adults and children about water and boating safety. Her mission has taken her around the world, including Germany and France. A trip to Saudi Arabia is in the works.
- Colorado policymakers fire back at Gov. Christie over pot comments
- N.J. Gov. Christie on Colorado legalizing pot: 'Not the quality of life we want'
- Mom bites off dog’s ear to save 2-year-old daughter during attack
- Woman says 3 dogs busted into her house, attacked her and 2 pets
- Indian doctors strike gold while performing surgery on man