Arvada family has carbon monoxide scare

Posted on: 10:06 pm, January 14, 2013, by

An Arvada family was back home Monday night after a carbon monoxide scare over the weekend.

“I woke up and was feeling dizzy and I was able to wake up my wife and her mother,” says Brian Porter.

He then called 911 and within minutes, Arvada firefighters arrived. Porter, his wife and mother-in-law went to the hospital.

Two dogs went to the veterinarian. The family cat ran away during the commotion, but has since returned.

Porter says firefighters told him an indoor swimming pool boiler is to blame.

“We’re very grateful for what they (firefighters) were able to do for us,” he says.  At the time, the Porter’s didn’t have a carbon monoxide detector installed.

They do now.