Snow showers, bitter cold settle into Denver for Broncos playoff football
Snow at Sports Authority Field at Mile High. Jan. 11, 2013
DENVER — Snow showers were expected to continue in metro Denver Friday night and Saturday as cold air poured into the region.
Football fans need to be ready to bundle up for the Broncos playoff game. The high Saturday will barely get out of the teens. Snow showers could be in the area Saturday as well.
Chief Meteorologist Dave Fraser doesn’t expect much accumulation in the city.
“Saturday will bring a mix of clouds and sun with a cold north wind keeping temperatures in the frigid teens. There could also be some passing flurries especially late in the afternoon,” Fraser says.
The weather Sunday will be a lot like Saturday with very cold temperatures and some snow flurries possible. Monday will be frosty as well before a slow warming trend begins.
- Mom bites off dog’s ear to save 2-year-old daughter during attack
- Colorado policymakers fire back at Gov. Christie over pot comments
- N.J. Gov. Christie on Colorado legalizing pot: 'Not the quality of life we want'
- Assault in Longmont results in SWAT standoff that is called off
- Woman says 3 dogs busted into her house, attacked her and 2 pets