Man pleads guilty in child abuse case regarding 2-year-old
GOLDEN, Colo – A 26-year-old Jefferson County man has pleaded guilty to child abuse charges in the death of a 2-year-old.
Keith Nick Ruiz lived with his girlfriend and her daughter in Lakewood in 2011.
On September 7, Ruiz came home and his girlfriend’s daughter, Dolci Gryshayeva, started crying, said Pam Russell of the First Judicial District Attorney’s Office.
Ruiz tried to get her to stop crying, but she just cried harder.
“He admits he became very frustrated and that he snapped,” Russell said. “He says he forcefully threw her to the ground and fell on top of her.”
The girl hit her head on the floor and stopped breathing.
Ruiz called 911 and the child died at Children’s Hospital.
Friday Ruiz pled guilty to child abuse, knowing and recklessly causing death – a class 2 felony.
Sentencing has been set for February 26. He faces between 25-40 years in prison.
- N.J. Gov. Christie on Colorado legalizing pot: 'Not the quality of life we want'
- Indian doctors strike gold while performing surgery on man
- Model says she plans to have abortion to appear on reality show
- Colorado policymakers fire back at Gov. Christie over pot comments
- Woman says 3 dogs busted into her house, attacked her and 2 pets