Britney Spears quits ‘X-Factor;’ did she quit before Cowell could fire her?
Britney Spears quit "X-Factor" after one year with the show. Now she may be headed to Vegas. (Photo: TMZ)
LOS ANGELES — Britney Spears will not be a judge on “X Factor” next season. And it’s entirely her doing, according to reports.
But did she quit because she might have otherwise been facing a pink slip?
Citing “unimpeachable sources,” TMZ is reporting that Spears loves the show but wants to focus on her music, which she is doing right now. Spears is currently in the studio recording her eighth album, with some help from Will.i.am of the Black Eyed Peas and producer Hit-Boy, the brains behind Kanye West and Jay-Z’s collaboration album.
One source tells TMZ that Spears “loves Simon (Cowell), she likes Demi Lovato but her thing is music.”
Or is it?
Another source told Us Weekly that Spears would be getting “the boot” after her first season on “X-Factor” because Cowell “wanted crazy Britney, but he got boring Britney.”
Spears was paid $15 million to serve as a judge on this past season of the FOX show, and it was expected that she would receive that same amount (if not more) if she were to hang around for another season.
- Colorado policymakers fire back at Gov. Christie over pot comments
- N.J. Gov. Christie on Colorado legalizing pot: 'Not the quality of life we want'
- Mom bites off dog’s ear to save 2-year-old daughter during attack
- Woman says 3 dogs busted into her house, attacked her and 2 pets
- Indian doctors strike gold while performing surgery on man