2 Colorado Springs home invasion suspects shot, one still at large
COLORADO SPRINGS, Colo. — Colorado Springs Police are investigating a shooting that left two men in the hospital Monday night.
According to KXRM, police say three suspects broke into a home located on the 2400 block of E. St Vrain St. around 10 p.m. Monday. A male resident who was in the house at the time of the break in confronted the suspects, reached for a firearm and shot two of the three men.
All three suspects attempted to escape on foot. The two suspects suffering from gunshot wounds were only able to run one block before their injuries forced them to stop. Police then took them into custody and transported them to a nearby hospital.
Both were still receiving treatment Tuesday morning. One is in stable condition, and the second one remains in critical condition.
The third male suspect was able to escape. Police continue to search for him but they did not have a description as of Tuesday morning.
- Colorado policymakers fire back at Gov. Christie over pot comments
- N.J. Gov. Christie on Colorado legalizing pot: 'Not the quality of life we want'
- Mom bites off dog’s ear to save 2-year-old daughter during attack
- Woman says 3 dogs busted into her house, attacked her and 2 pets
- Indian doctors strike gold while performing surgery on man