DENVER — The FBI is looking for a man they have dubbed the Clearinghouse Bandit who may be responsible for up to 13 robberies over the past five months in the metro area.
Witnesses said the man is often carrying a Clearing House magazine during the robberies.
All of the robberies are in Denver and Aurora. One is in Colorado Springs.
The suspect is a black man between 25 and 40 years old. He is between 6 feet to 6 feet 5 inches tall and is between 220 and 260 pounds. He has a heavy build, said Dave S. Joly of the FBI.
The man will present a demand note during the robbery and then runs away, Joly said.
The banks robbed include:
1. 8/1/2012, TCF Bank, 16th Street, Denver
2. 8/20/2012, Public Service Credit Union, N Colorado Blvd., Denver
3. 9/19/2012, Public Service Credit Union, N Abilene Street, Aurora
4. 9/25/2012, Space Age Federal Credit Union, S Havana Street, Aurora
5. 9/25/2012,Public Service Credit Union, N Colorado Blvd, Denver
6. 10/3/2012, Chase Bank, N Speer Blvd, Denver
7. 10/19/2012, Compass Bank, N Federal Blvd. Denver
8. 10/24/2012, Chase Bank, S Colorado Blvd., Denver
9. 10/31/2012, Security Services Federal Credit Union, N Academy Blvd., Colorado Springs
10. 11/1/2012 Credit Union of Colorado, E. Quincy Ave., Aurora
11. 11/1/2012 Wells Fargo Bank, W. 38th Ave., Denver
12. 11/23/2012, TFC Bank, 16th St. Denver
13. 12/10/2012, Wells Fargo Bank, W. 38th Ave. Denver
If anyone has any information on the bank robbery above, or any bank robbery, please call the FBI Rocky Mountain Safe Streets Task Force at 303-629-7171; or, you can remain anonymous and earn up to two thousand dollars ($2,000) by calling CRIMESTOPPERS at 720-913-STOP (7867).AlertMe