Hillary Clinton hospitalized after doctors discover blood clot
Hillary Clinton speaks about North Africa in 2012 (Credit: CNN)
(CNN) — Secretary of State Hillary Clinton was hospitalized Sunday after doctors discovered a blood clot during a follow-up exam related to a concussion she suffered this month, her spokesman said.
She is expected to remain at New York Presbyterian Hospital for the next 48 hours so doctors can monitor her condition and treat her with anti-coagulants, said Philippe Reines, deputy assistant secretary of state.
Clinton was suffering from a stomach virus earlier this month when she fainted due to dehydration, causing the concussion.
She was expected to return to work at the State Department this week after being sidelined for the past three weeks.
- N.J. Gov. Christie on Colorado legalizing pot: 'Not the quality of life we want'
- Colorado policymakers fire back at Gov. Christie over pot comments
- Indian doctors strike gold while performing surgery on man
- Model says she plans to have abortion to appear on reality show
- Woman says 3 dogs busted into her house, attacked her and 2 pets