VIDEO: Shark tank aquarium bursts onto crowd in China
SHANGHAI, China — A 30-ton aquarium housing sharks, turtles, and fish suddenly collapsed onto a crowd of people in China, and it was all caught on video.
The tank in the Shanghai shopping mall had six-inch thick acrylic glass – officials still don’t know what caused it to shatter.
16 people were injured during the incident last week, but are expected to be okay. Three lemon sharks and dozens of turtles and small fish were killed.
The shopping center says it does not plan to rebuild the aquarium.
- Hickenlooper grants reprieve to death row inmate Nathan Dunlap
- Longmont officer shoots, critically wounds AR15-wielding gunman
- Mom makes bullying daughter wear thrift shop clothes as punishment
- Warning: Video shows Colo. murder suspect Evan Ebel shoot deputy
- I-70 reopens in Glenwood Canyon following fatal crash