Major traffic delays on I-270 after truck hit flyover bridge
DENVER — Heavy traffic is building along eastbound Interstate 270 through Commerce City after parts of the highway were closed when a truck hit a flyover bridge.
The truck was headed east on I-70 when it struck the I-270 flyover bridge, said the Colorado Department of Transportation.
The truck was hauling a track hoe, which hit the flyover bridge from I-270 onto eastbound I-70.
The impact took out a chunk of the concrete on the bridge. Officials closed I-270 and several lanes of I-70 to check the condition of the bridge.
CDOT spokeswoman Mindy Crane said the “left lane of the flyover ramp from eastbound I-270 to eastbound I-70 will remain closed until repairs are complete.”
It’s not known how long it will take to complete the repairs.
“In the meantime, motorists on EB I-270 needing access to EB I-70 can also use Quebec Street as major delays are expected,” Crane said.
There were no injuries after the crash.
- Sandy Hook victim’s mother shares emotional message: 'Evil did not win'
- Thornton High School threat not legitimate, investigators say
- Deputies: Would-be Good Samaritan hit, killed victim of rollover crash
- Man banned from Walmart for price matching
- Teen kills 4 in DUI wreck, gets probation using 'rich kid' defense