Suspect at large after Denver bank robbery, police chase
DENVER — A man who robbed a bank in the middle of downtown Denver was able to escape after eluding police Monday morning.
According to Denver police, the call reporting the robbery, which took place at the TCF Bank at 1553 California Street, came in at approximately 10:54 a.m. The suspect in the case made off with an unspecified amount of cash.
Shortly after the robbery, police were able to track the suspect, described as an Asian male wearing a cream and green colored jacket, to the light rail station at 25th and Alameda.
At that point, officers stopped the light rail and checked to see if the suspect was on board a train, but were unable to locate him.
As of 1:30 p.m., the suspect was still at large. Police were not able to confirm whether or not he was or is currently armed.
- N.J. Gov. Christie on Colorado legalizing pot: 'Not the quality of life we want'
- Indian doctors strike gold while performing surgery on man
- Model says she plans to have abortion to appear on reality show
- Colorado policymakers fire back at Gov. Christie over pot comments
- Woman says 3 dogs busted into her house, attacked her and 2 pets