Police say man turned himself in for slaying of teen girl
DENVER — Commerce City police say a man called 911 just after midnight Sunday to report that he had killed a 14-year-old and wanted to turn himself in.
Police identified the man as Esequiel Padilla-Villalobos, 24. He is being held in the Adams County jail on suspicion of first-degree murder, said officer Chris Dickey of the Commerce City Police Department.
Padilla-Villalobos cooperated with investigators and gave them the location of the victim, who is a girl. Police said she was found in near Verbena Street and E. 86th Avenue.
The victim’s name has not yet been released pending notification of next of kin, Dickey said.
Investigators believe Padilla-Villalobos knows the victim, but Dickey did not elaborate.
The cause of death has not yet been determined, Dickey said.
- Hickenlooper grants reprieve to death row inmate Nathan Dunlap
- Longmont officer shoots, critically wounds AR15-wielding gunman
- Warning: Video shows Colo. murder suspect Evan Ebel shoot deputy
- Mom makes bullying daughter wear thrift shop clothes as punishment
- I-70 reopens in Glenwood Canyon following fatal crash