Top 5 YouTube videos of 2012
There were a few surprises on the list of the top five videos on YouTube in 2012, but not many.
Without further adieu, here it is:
1. “Gangnam Style” by Korean rapper PSY
If there were a top spot for most emphatic “No duh” of 2012, this video would be all over it.
2. A cover of the song “Somebody that I used to know”
Interestingly enough, this innovative cover did better than the original rendition from Gotye.
3. The political video “Kony 2012″
The political activist group Invisible Children scored big with this video, proving a substantive message sometimes has the ability to draw clicks.
4. Carly Rae Jepsen’s “Call Me Maybe”
Are you as surprised as us that this Justin Bieber-pumped single didn’t land higher?
5. “Barack Obama vs Mitt Romney. Epic Rap Battles Of History Season 2.”
Statistics suggest you’ve probably seen it. If you haven’t, just click and watch.
Also in this edition of the Entertainment Dish, Channing Tatum is about to become a dad, Martin Scorsese is set to direct a documentary on Bill Clinton and Jennifer Lopez wants to give you tickets to her show in Puerto Rico if you’re feeling charitable.
Watch the video above for more.
- Driver of car that slammed into Larimer County school bus identified
- Delta flight, passengers isolated in remote area at DIA following security threat
- 38 million gallon Portland water supply to be flushed after teen urinates in reservoir
- Police: Teen tried to 'blow a fireball' at Smoky Hill HS
- Documents detail how dispatchers handled call that ended in mother's murder