Both directions of I-25 to have closures this weekend
DENVER — The Colorado Department of Transportation (CDOT) will be demolishing half of the 15th Street bridge over I-25 as part of a safety and mobility project this weekend, and there will be a full closure of both northbound and southbound I-25 as well as 15 th Street over I-25 on Friday, Saturday, and Sunday night.
All lanes of I-25 will remain open during the day, however delays are expected and alternate routes are advised.
- On Friday, December 14 and Saturday December 15, one lane of northbound and southbound I-25 between I-70 and Speer Boulevard will be closed starting at 7 p.m. with a second lane closing at 9 p.m. All lanes of I-25 will close at 11 p.m. and reopen by 9 a.m. on Saturday. 15 th Street over I-25 will also be closed from each night from 11 p.m. to 9 a.m.
- On Sunday, December 16, one lane of northbound and southbound I-25 between I-70 and Speer Boulevard will be closed starting at 7 p.m. with a second lane closing at 9 p.m. All lanes of I-25 will close at 11 p.m. and reopen by 5:30 a.m. on Monday. 15 th Street over I-25 will also be closed from 11 p.m. to 5:30 a.m.
The following detour routes will be in place over the weekend:
- Southbound I-25: Exit onto westbound I-70 and take I-70 to Federal Boulevard. Travel south on Federal Boulevard to Speer Boulevard and then south on Speer Boulevard to I-25.
- Northbound I-25: Exit onto northbound Speer Boulevard and take Speer Boulevard to Federal Boulevard. Then travel north on Federal Boulevard to I-70. Take I-70 east to I-25.
- 15th Street: Motorists on 15th Street will be detoured to Little Raven Street to 20th Street and then to Central Street.
- Driver of car that slammed into Larimer County school bus identified
- Delta flight, passengers isolated in remote area at DIA following security threat
- 38 million gallon Portland water supply to be flushed after teen urinates in reservoir
- Police: Teen tried to 'blow a fireball' at Smoky Hill HS