Man arrested after hitting girlfriend in head with hammer
COLORADO SPRINGS, Colo. – A woman was hospitalized after her boyfriend hit her in the head with a hammer and threatened her with a gun Sunday morning.
Officers said they arrived at the Creekside Apartments, just south of the Walmart on Powers Boulevard, at around 3:40 a.m. looking for a man who was carrying a gun and knocking on doors at the apartment looking for his girlfriend.
Police arrested 24-year-old Jeffrey Taurianen after they determined that he hit his 32-year-old girlfriend in the head multiple times with a hammer, carried her against her will as she tried to escape, and threatened her with a hand gun, according to a police report.
Taurianen’s girlfriend was taken to a local hospital for her injuries, however police have not disclosed the state of her condition.
The suspect was taken into custody. Police said Taurianen’s motivation was reportedly jealousy.
- Hickenlooper grants reprieve to death row inmate Nathan Dunlap
- Longmont officer shoots, critically wounds AR15-wielding gunman
- Warning: Video shows Colo. murder suspect Evan Ebel shoot deputy
- Mom makes bullying daughter wear thrift shop clothes as punishment
- I-70 reopens in Glenwood Canyon following fatal crash