Authorities find 12-year-old girl missing in Manitou Springs
MANITOU SPRINGS, Colo. – The El Paso County Search and Rescue team has located a 12-year-old developmentally disabled girl who went missing in Manitou Springs, reported KKTV.
The Colorado Bureau of Investigation issued a missing person alert for Emily Hermenitt, who authorities said has Asperger’s Syndrome, after she went missing around 4 p.m. Friday.
She became separated from people she was hiking with in the Ruxton Avenue and Winter Street area near the Pikes Peak Cog Railway, police said.
- Hickenlooper grants reprieve to death row inmate Nathan Dunlap
- Longmont officer shoots, critically wounds AR15-wielding gunman
- Warning: Video shows Colo. murder suspect Evan Ebel shoot deputy
- Mom makes bullying daughter wear thrift shop clothes as punishment
- I-70 reopens in Glenwood Canyon following fatal crash