Family, friends remember boys who died after being left alone in running vehicle
LITTLETON, Colo. — In the darkness of a park in Littleton, candles bring much needed light to a family’s darkness.
“The candles to me symbolize hope that we’ll heal,” said the boy’s aunt Tressa Norberg.
Family and friends want answers surrounding the deaths of brothers William and Tyler Mathena.
Two-year-old William was found unresponsive in a car three days after Thanksgiving near Powderhorn ski resort in Mesa County. His 4-year-old brother who was next to him, died Monday.
The boys’ mother said she left them alone in her running vehicle for 90 minutes while she was with a man in a vehicle right next to hers.
“We want to know what happened so we can move forward and honor their memories,” said Norberg.
The family says police have ruled out carbon monoxide poisoning as a cause of death leaving many questions. Their mother has not been ruled out as a suspect.
We just want answers and justice for William and Tyler. They left way too soon,” said the boys’ uncle Roger Mathena.