Former society writer Thomas Hardy dies after house fire
Thomas Hardy. Photo from Facebook
DENVER — A man who worked as a society writer at the Rocky Mountain News died Thursday.
Thomas Hardy was at Denver Health Medical Center undergoing treatment for smoke inhalation and carbon monoxide poisoning from a fire at his home in the 300 block of Downing St.
Hardy was 68-years-old.
Firefighters pulled him out of the burning house in the Country Club neighborhood early Tuesday and paramedics rushed him to the hospital.
His two dogs died in the fire.
Hardy wrote about Denver’s cultural events and the movers and shakers in the society circles during the 1980s. He also did fund raising and consulting work for various nonprofit organizations.
- Sandy Hook victim’s mother shares emotional message: 'Evil did not win'
- Thornton High School threat not legitimate, investigators say
- Man tricked into thinking he had been in 10-year coma
- Teen kills 4 in DUI wreck, gets probation using 'rich kid' defense
- Deputies: Would-be Good Samaritan hit, killed victim of rollover crash