Security at Mile High, other stadiums tested
DENVER – One year ago, security officials at Sports Authority Field at Mile High and other public venues acted to increase the security of their facilities after a FOX31 investigation found anyone could sneak a gun inside.
Stadium officials increased security requiring every football fan to be swiped from head to toe by metal detecting wands.
The security upgrade has been criticized by fans for creating long lines.
But are these sweeps working?
In an effort to find out if the upgrades worked, investigative reporter Heidi Hemmat put them to the test again.
You can see the results of Hemmat’s investigation tonight on FOX31 news at 9.
- Driver of car that slammed into Larimer County school bus identified
- Delta flight, passengers isolated in remote area at DIA following security threat
- 38 million gallon Portland water supply to be flushed after teen urinates in reservoir
- Police: Teen tried to 'blow a fireball' at Smoky Hill HS
- Documents detail how dispatchers handled call that ended in mother's murder