Greeley officer charged with cheating on time card
GREELEY, Colo. – A Greeley police officer has been charged with felony theft after investigators said he lied on his time cards.
Officer Shaun Kelly was fired by the city after they discovered he had been submitting false information on time cards, said Sgt. Susan West.
Kelly is a 5-year veteran of the police department. He faces a charge of theft over $1,000.
Police Chief Jerry Garner released a statement saying, “I am aware that there are places in both the public and private sectors where it is part of the culture to cheat on your time sheets. That is not the culture of the Greeley Police Department.”
- Hickenlooper grants reprieve to death row inmate Nathan Dunlap
- Longmont officer shoots, critically wounds AR15-wielding gunman
- Mom makes bullying daughter wear thrift shop clothes as punishment
- Warning: Video shows Colo. murder suspect Evan Ebel shoot deputy
- I-70 reopens in Glenwood Canyon following fatal crash