Forget Black Friday, major retailers opening on Thanksgiving
This year Black Friday sales will be starting earlier than ever.
For the first time Walmart, Sears and ToysRUs will open at 8 p.m. on Thanksgiving night.
Target will open at 9:00. Best Buy, Sports Authority, Macy’s and Kohl’s will open at midnight.
Some shoppers are thrilled. “I think it’s a good thing because then you don’t have to wake up at three in the morning and wait in line in the cold,” said Tara Whitaker.
Others aren’t as happy. They want to preserve Thanksgiving as a day to be with family. “I think it’s a shame. There are some special days of the year, and I think that’s one of them,” said Allison Foster.
An online petition at change.org is asking Target to take the high road and save Thanksgiving by not opening on that day.
More than 170,000 people have signed. Still, for those looking for door buster prizes, it all seems worth it.
- N.J. Gov. Christie on Colorado legalizing pot: 'Not the quality of life we want'
- Indian doctors strike gold while performing surgery on man
- Model says she plans to have abortion to appear on reality show
- Colorado policymakers fire back at Gov. Christie over pot comments
- Woman says 3 dogs busted into her house, attacked her and 2 pets