Loveland teacher accused of sex crimes against female student
Gawain Jay Roberts (Loveland Police Department)
LOVELAND, Colo. – Police have issued an arrest warrant for a teacher who is accused of sex crimes against a 16-year-old female student, and investigators believe there may be more victims.
According to the Loveland Police Department, 35-year-old Gawain Jay Roberts, a former Thomson School District teacher, was charged with sexual exploitation of a child and attempted sexual assault on a child by someone in a position of trust.
Police said a school resource officer initially gathered information and about the alleged relationship with the teenager, who then told Loveland police.
The Loveland Reporter-Herald reported that Roberts taught a small group of high-school students through the SOARS alternative-education program based at Ferguson High School. Police said one of Roberts’ 16-year-old female students told school administrators that her teacher had taken inappropriate pictures of her, according to the paper.
The Fort Collins-native was with the Thompson School District for six years.
- N.J. Gov. Christie on Colorado legalizing pot: 'Not the quality of life we want'
- Colorado policymakers fire back at Gov. Christie over pot comments
- Indian doctors strike gold while performing surgery on man
- Model says she plans to have abortion to appear on reality show
- Woman says 3 dogs busted into her house, attacked her and 2 pets