5 Fort Carson soldiers injured when Humvee rolls over
Fort Carson, Colo.
COLORADO SPRINGS, Colo. — Five Fort Carson soldiers were injured Tuesday morning when the Humvee they were riding in rolled over during a training exercise.
The soldiers are assigned to the 3rd Brigade Combat Team, 4th Infantry Division, said base spokeswoman Loran Doane.
The five were participating in a training exercise near the Camp Red Devil training area, which is about 15 miles south of the Fort Carson main post.
The condition of each soldier has not been released. Doane said the soldiers were either airlifted or taken by ambulance to area hospitals. Three soldiers were taken to Evans Army Community Hospital. One was taken to Penrose Hospital and the fifth was taken to Memorial Hospital in Colorado Springs.
The crash is currently under investigation, Doane said.
- Mom bites off dog’s ear to save 2-year-old daughter during attack
- Colorado policymakers fire back at Gov. Christie over pot comments
- N.J. Gov. Christie on Colorado legalizing pot: 'Not the quality of life we want'
- Assault in Longmont results in SWAT standoff that is called off
- Woman says 3 dogs busted into her house, attacked her and 2 pets