Starbucks, Boston Market offer Election Day freebies
DENVER — You can get a free desert, movie or vacation today; and all you need is an “I Voted” sticker.
Several companies are offering Election Day freebies on Tuesday.
Technically it’s illegal for companies to offer gifts for people who voted. The Federal Election Commission bars rewarding voting with material goods.
However, companies get around this by offering freebies to everyone (eliminating any vote for goods potential bribe claim).
1. Blockbuster: Tired of Campaign Commercials? Watch a movie instead. Stop by your local Blockbuster store on Election Day for a FREE .99 rental.
2. Boston Market: Left Wing or Right Wing? Vote in the 2012 Bowl Poll and receive an exclusive ‘Bipartisan’ BOGO coupon valid at any Boston Market restaurant for a free Market Bowl with the purchase of a Market Bowl and a fountain drink.
3. jetBlue: If things don’t go your way, don’t worry. Here’s your chance to get a free flight out of the country with JetBlue. Participate in JetBlue’s election poll at jetblueelectionprotection.com and login to Facebook to enter. If you change your mind you can always come back. Or not. It’s a free country.
4. Romano’s Macaroni Grill: $10 off $20 Online Takeout with eCoupon RMGTOGO
5. Olive Garden: Come in with an ‘I Voted’ Sticker on Election Day and receive a free Dolcini dessert with any entree.
6. Starbucks: Free Indivisible wristbands on Election Day.
7. Tim Hortons: Free donut when you purchase any beverage and show your ‘I Voted’ sticker at participating U.S. restaurants on Election Day.
8. White Castle: Pick your favorite Fry on White Castle’s Facebook Page and get a coupon for a free small order of your choice.
9. Zipcar: Zip to the Polls with a 50% discount on rates nationwide. The discount is available on Election Day, November 6, from 5 a.m. and 9 p.m.AlertMe