Crash in Brighton kills Prairie View H.S. student
BRIGHTON, Colo. — A crash at midday Tuesday killed a Prairie View High School student and injured three others in Brighton.
Investigators say a red Toyota sedan carrying four students was going south on U.S. Highway 85 near E. 144th Ave. when the driver changed lanes to pass another vehicle.
The driver apparently lost control while moving back into his original lane and the car rolled numerous times, coming to rest in the median of the highway.
One passenger died at the scene of the crash. A second female passenger was airlifted to a hospital due to the severity of her injuries. Two others went to the hospital in ground ambulances.
Highway 85 was closed in near 144th Ave. Tuesday afternoon while the investigation continued.
- Thornton High School threat not legitimate, investigators say
- Man tricked into thinking he had been in 10-year coma
- Teen kills 4 in DUI wreck, gets probation using 'rich kid' defense
- Denver police: 4 stabbed at Mile High after Broncos game
- Sandy Hook victim’s mother shares emotional message: 'Evil did not win'