Crash in Brighton kills Prairie View H.S. student
BRIGHTON, Colo. — A crash at midday Tuesday killed a Prairie View High School student and injured three others in Brighton.
Investigators say a red Toyota sedan carrying four students was going south on U.S. Highway 85 near E. 144th Ave. when the driver changed lanes to pass another vehicle.
The driver apparently lost control while moving back into his original lane and the car rolled numerous times, coming to rest in the median of the highway.
One passenger died at the scene of the crash. A second female passenger was airlifted to a hospital due to the severity of her injuries. Two others went to the hospital in ground ambulances.
Highway 85 was closed in near 144th Ave. Tuesday afternoon while the investigation continued.
- N.J. Gov. Christie on Colorado legalizing pot: 'Not the quality of life we want'
- Colorado policymakers fire back at Gov. Christie over pot comments
- Indian doctors strike gold while performing surgery on man
- Model says she plans to have abortion to appear on reality show
- Woman says 3 dogs busted into her house, attacked her and 2 pets