12-year-old boy shot by 14-year-old relative in Lakewood
LAKEWOOD, Colo. — A 12-year-boy was expected to recover after a 14-year-old relative shot him late Friday night according to Lakewood police.
The shooting happened in the 500 block of Sheridan Blvd. at about 9:30 p.m.
“The gun involved in this incident is believed to belong to an adult associated to the residence where the two juveniles lived,” a police statement said.
The 14-year-old was charged with theft and a minor in possession of a handgun, according to a Lakewood police news release.
The adult, who police believe owned the gun, has not been charged.
- Mom bites off dog’s ear to save 2-year-old daughter during attack
- Colorado policymakers fire back at Gov. Christie over pot comments
- N.J. Gov. Christie on Colorado legalizing pot: 'Not the quality of life we want'
- Assault in Longmont results in SWAT standoff that is called off
- Woman says 3 dogs busted into her house, attacked her and 2 pets