Live blog: Westminster Police arrest 17-year-old in Jessica Ridgeway case
WESTMINSTER, Colo. — Westminster police say they have made an arrest in the case involving the abduction and murder of 10-year-old Jessica Ridgeway.
The suspect police now have in custody is 17-year-old Austin Reed Sigg.
Police said in a press release that they received a call on Tuesday night that led them to a home near Ketner Lake where they arrested Sigg. FOX31 confirmed first this week that police have uncovered a connection between the Ridgeway case and an attack that occurred earlier this year at Ketner Lake.
Charges will be filed against Sigg in the abduction and death of Ridgeway and the May 28 attempted abduction at Ketner Lake, according to the release.
Return to this post for the latest on the developing story. Updates will be provided in the live blog feature below.
- Hickenlooper grants reprieve to death row inmate Nathan Dunlap
- Longmont officer shoots, critically wounds AR15-wielding gunman
- Mom makes bullying daughter wear thrift shop clothes as punishment
- Warning: Video shows Colo. murder suspect Evan Ebel shoot deputy
- I-70 reopens in Glenwood Canyon following fatal crash