Ridgeway murder suspect Austin Sigg’s father no stranger to police
Austin Sigg’s father, 48-year-old Robert Sigg, has a long criminal history dating back decades.
He now lives in a sprawling Parker mansion on a hilltop overlooking the city.
We have learned he is in Mexico on business. He is the owner of Performance One, a media company in Centennial.
Robert Sigg’s trouble with the law includes a federal conviction for bank fraud in 2004.
He was also arrested for first degree burglary and assault in Jefferson County.
The rap sheet goes on: Driving under the influence in Evans, selling and distributing dangerous drugs in Weld county, as well as assault and battery in Aurora.
Denver police arrested him for obstructing, and resisting arrest and disturbing the peace.
Robert Sigg was charged as an habitual traffic offender in Thornton.
Parker police arrested him for domestic violence and driving under the influence of drugs.
We have also confirmed, Robert Sigg and Austin’s mother, Mindy Sigg divorced in 2001.
Robert Sigg’s common law wife filed restraining orders against him in 2001 and 2003 for domestic violence.
We spoke to Sigg’s common law wife on the phone, she told us “we have nothing to say, we are devastated.”
Mindy Sigg has no prior criminal record.
- Colorado policymakers fire back at Gov. Christie over pot comments
- N.J. Gov. Christie on Colorado legalizing pot: 'Not the quality of life we want'
- Woman says 3 dogs busted into her house, attacked her and 2 pets
- Mom bites off dog’s ear to save 2-year-old daughter during attack
- Indian doctors strike gold while performing surgery on man