Iconic Southern structure ‘Big Tex’ burns at Texas State Fair
DALLAS, Texas — A local landmark and icon, “Big Tex” is on fire at the Texas State Fair.
A fair official said the fire is out and most likely the result of an electrical malfunction.
Mayor Mike Rawlings said everything is bigger in Texas and they will rebuild, bigger and better.
The 70-foot mascot was celebrating his 60 birthday this year. This cowboy was actually “born” outside of Dallas in Kerens, where he was originally Santa Claus.
The fair is still open on Friday.
- Colorado policymakers fire back at Gov. Christie over pot comments
- N.J. Gov. Christie on Colorado legalizing pot: 'Not the quality of life we want'
- Mom bites off dog’s ear to save 2-year-old daughter during attack
- Woman says 3 dogs busted into her house, attacked her and 2 pets
- Indian doctors strike gold while performing surgery on man