Salmonella scare causes recall of dog treats
These "Oven Baked Biscuits with Real Chick" dog treats from Nature's Recipe may be contaminated with salmonella.
(CNN) — One brand of dog treat is being voluntarily recalled because it could be contaminated with salmonella.
Nature’s Recipe says the affected product is its “Oven Baked Biscuits with Real Chicken.” It was manufactured at the Del Monte Foods Pet Products plant in Topeka, Kansas and distributed nationwide.
The products were sold in 19-ounce stand-up resealable pouches and have a “best if used by date” stamp of “10-11-13″ and “10-12-13.” The company says the recall is precautionary and advises anyone who bought the recalled treats to throw them away.
Symptoms of salmonella infection in dogs include diarrhea, fever, vomiting and lethargic behavior.
- PD: Wife was on phone with 911 dispatch when she was murdered
- WATCH: Southwest Airlines flight attendant knows how to get passengers' attention
- WATCH: Time lapse video of blood moon, spectacular moonset over Rockies
- Billions of people are already doing the ‘World’s Toughest Job’
- Missing Nebraska boy found inside claw machine at bowling alley