High levels of carbon monoxide kill one, leave one in critical condition

This is an archived article and the information in the article may be outdated. Please look at the time stamp on the story to see when it was last updated.

COLORADO SPRINGS, Colo. – Officials said high levels of carbon monoxide killed one person and left another in critical condition in Colorado Springs Sunday.

According to KRDO-TV, firefighters were called to the Vista Peak apartment complex in the 1200 block of Potter Drive around noon on Sunday.

The station reported that three people experienced symptoms of carbon monoxide poisoning. Two people were transported to the hospital. One person died and the other remains in critical condition, according to the Colorado Springs Fire Department.

A hazmat team is on the scene. Part of the apartment has been evacuated so officials can check carbon monoxide levels, according to the station.

AlertMe