Thousands without power in Greeley, Evans Sunday night
GREELEY, Colo. – Nearly 17,000 Xcel Energy customers were left without power Sunday night.
The outage began just after 6 p.m. in a large section of Greeley and Evans, according to an Xcel Energy spokesperson.
A grid shut down and crews were sent out to a substation to monitor the situation, said a spokesperson.
The cause of the power outage is still under investigation. According to Xcel, customers can expect to have their power back by the end of the night.
- Hickenlooper grants reprieve to death row inmate Nathan Dunlap
- Longmont officer shoots, critically wounds AR15-wielding gunman
- Warning: Video shows Colo. murder suspect Evan Ebel shoot deputy
- Mom makes bullying daughter wear thrift shop clothes as punishment
- I-70 reopens in Glenwood Canyon following fatal crash