Rockies unable to overcome Sunday blues in LA
LOS ANGELES (MLB) — The Rockies no longer have to deal with Dodgers star center fielder Matt Kemp. They no longer have to pitch to Dodgers catcher A.J. Ellis, a superstar against them this season. Even better than any of that, they no longer have to play Sunday games this season.
The Rockies’ 7-1 loss at Dodger Stadium on Sunday afternoon put to a finish a troublesome chapter to the worst season in franchise history.
In closing the year with three games against the D-backs starting Monday, the Rockies (62-97) — already with two more losses than in any previous season — must win at least one to avoid reaching the 100-loss loss mark.
Read more at MLB.com.
- N.J. Gov. Christie on Colorado legalizing pot: 'Not the quality of life we want'
- Colorado policymakers fire back at Gov. Christie over pot comments
- Indian doctors strike gold while performing surgery on man
- Model says she plans to have abortion to appear on reality show
- Woman says 3 dogs busted into her house, attacked her and 2 pets