Rockies suffer second straight shutout to Dodgers Saturday
LOS ANGELES (MLB) — At a time when teams can play with expanded rosters, the Rockies are in contraction mode, and it hasn’t been pretty the past two nights.
With a lineup struggling to mount threats against the Dodgers and with just one healthy reserve, the Rockies suffered their second straight shutout, 3-0, at Dodger Stadium in front of 40,724.
The Dodgers gained a game in their chase for the final National League Wild Card spot, although any combination of three Cardinals wins or Dodger losses would end the chase.
Read more at MLB.com.
- Hickenlooper grants reprieve to death row inmate Nathan Dunlap
- Longmont officer shoots, critically wounds AR15-wielding gunman
- Warning: Video shows Colo. murder suspect Evan Ebel shoot deputy
- Mom makes bullying daughter wear thrift shop clothes as punishment
- I-70 reopens in Glenwood Canyon following fatal crash