Rockies win final home game of season
DENVER — The Rockies wrapped their home season on a Mile High note Thursday, winning their fourth consecutive game, 7-5, to sweep the series against the Cubs and give their fans a taste of why it’s worth waiting ’til next year.
The Rockies started six rookies on Thursday, par for the course at the end of an injury-riddled season, and for the seventh game in a row, the rookies notched 10 hits or better.
Colorado game out of the gate swinging, getting consecutive hits from their first four batters, including three singles and a three-run homer by Jordan Pacheco for a 3-0 lead.
DJ LeMahieu added a two-run blast to left as the second hitter in the second, and Colorado added another pair of runs in the third as Pacheco and Tyler Colvin each singled and Chris Nelson hit an RBI single up the middle, followed by a sacrifice fly to center from Matt McBride to make it 7-2.
- N.J. Gov. Christie on Colorado legalizing pot: 'Not the quality of life we want'
- Indian doctors strike gold while performing surgery on man
- Colorado policymakers fire back at Gov. Christie over pot comments
- Model says she plans to have abortion to appear on reality show
- Woman says 3 dogs busted into her house, attacked her and 2 pets