Accident involving SUV kills cyclist in Arvada
Police gather at the scene of a fatal auto vs. bike accident on Aug. 21, 2012.
ARVADA, Colo. — Shortly before midnight, a cyclists was killed in an accident when he was struck by an SUV near a busy Arvada intersection.
Arvada police said the male cyclist, who was unnamed but described as a Hispanic and around 40 years old, was killed when he was struck by a Ford Explorer near the intersection of Wadsworth Boulevard and West 80th Avenue around 10 p.m.
The cyclist, who was not riding in the crosswalk, was also carrying alcohol, according to police, though authorities did not say if the man was intoxicated. The area where the collision occurred is not brightly lit.
A woman who was driving the SUV did not leave the scene of the accident, police said, and is cooperating with the investigation.
- Hickenlooper grants reprieve to death row inmate Nathan Dunlap
- Longmont officer shoots, critically wounds AR15-wielding gunman
- Mom makes bullying daughter wear thrift shop clothes as punishment
- Warning: Video shows Colo. murder suspect Evan Ebel shoot deputy
- I-70 reopens in Glenwood Canyon following fatal crash