Cabbie arrested for allegedly sexually assaulting passenger
EDGEWATER, Colo. – A taxi cab driver is facing sexual assault charges for allegedly assaulting a female passenger early Thursday, police confirm.
According to Edgewater police spokesman Mark Hamilton, 39-year-old Samuel Fikadu is being without bond at the Jefferson County jail. Fikadu’s first court appearance is scheduled for Monday.
FOX31 Denver spoke with a taxi dispatcher who knows Fikadu.
“He seemed like a nice guy,” an unidentified company dispatcher told FOX31 News. “Looks can be deceiving.”
The victim told police that Fikadu gave her a ride home and then followed her inside where the assault allegedly occurred.
- Hickenlooper grants reprieve to death row inmate Nathan Dunlap
- Longmont officer shoots, critically wounds AR15-wielding gunman
- Warning: Video shows Colo. murder suspect Evan Ebel shoot deputy
- Mom makes bullying daughter wear thrift shop clothes as punishment
- I-70 reopens in Glenwood Canyon following fatal crash