Explosion kills worker in Weld County
WELD COUNTY, Colo. — An explosion at a natural gas well site killed one worker and injured three others Wednesday.
Weld County Sheriff’s Office spokesman Tim Schwart says there were four workers at the facility when an explosion occurred. Schwart says the man who died was 60 years old.
It happened at a well pad operated by Encana southeast of Platteville in Weld County.
An autopsy is expected to be performed on Thursday by the Weld County Coroners office that could help determine what caused the death of the 60-year-old contractor from Wyoming.
Late Wednesday, an Encana spokesperson confirmed the facility will likely remain shutdown until a preliminary investigation can be completed.
The Occupational Safety and Health administration is now investigating the accident. Records show Encana Colorado has been faced with six complaints in the last decade.
The nature of the complaints was not immediately available.
- Hickenlooper grants reprieve to death row inmate Nathan Dunlap
- Longmont officer shoots, critically wounds AR15-wielding gunman
- Warning: Video shows Colo. murder suspect Evan Ebel shoot deputy
- Mom makes bullying daughter wear thrift shop clothes as punishment
- I-70 reopens in Glenwood Canyon following fatal crash