Aurora apartment fire kills child
Fire flares up at 71 N Newark St. in Aurora, July 23, 2012.
AURORA, Colo. — A fire broke out at the the Apple Valley East Townhomes Monday morning. One person was killed and two more were hospitalized.
Shortly after 8:30 a.m., the Red Cross Disaster Action Team reported that it was responding to a mother and her three children who were affected by the blaze. Around that same time, the Aurora Fire Department confirmed that the one fatality was a child.
The fire was reported at approximately 12:40 a.m. The complex is just southwest of the Del Mar Park area.
Investigators have not yet confirmed the cause of the fire. Both individuals who were sent to the hospital sustained only minor injuries.
- Hickenlooper grants reprieve to death row inmate Nathan Dunlap
- Longmont officer shoots, critically wounds AR15-wielding gunman
- Warning: Video shows Colo. murder suspect Evan Ebel shoot deputy
- I-70 reopens in Glenwood Canyon following fatal crash
- Mom makes bullying daughter wear thrift shop clothes as punishment